Men/women communication styles

From: Hope Cascio (Hcascio@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 19:02:22 PDT

<< I think there are distinct differences in masculine and feminine styles
 of expression, if not of thought, although how in hell we can ever untangle
 how much is "inborn" from how much is culturally inculcated I do not know.
 Certainly the more you suspend the rules about which sex may use which
 styles the more blurring and cross-over you get, but how to tell what that
 means? In some cases it's reaction against required norms, in others per-
 haps a function of unusual childhood circumstances or body chemistry, or
 who knows what else. >>

I read a book a few years ago... I believe it was translated from French and
entitled _The Ice People._ About a lost human culture (the lost city of
Atlantis) and two citizens who are revived in modern times and relate the
experiences of their culture. One interesting point about the culture was
that men and women literally spoke two different languages.

Hope