James Morrow: Only Begotten Daughter

From: Anny Middon (AnnyMiddon@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 22:36:17 PDT

I recently read this book and wondered what others on the list thought of it.

Only Begotten Daughter tells of a single man who is a regular sperm donor at
a research facility. Through what may be a miracle and is explained as
"inverse parthenogenesis," an embryo appears in one of his specimens. He
brings it to term in a stolen ectogenesis machine. Thus is born Julie Katz,
the Daughter of God.

I'm not sure the book qualifies as feminist, but there are some strong
feminist leanings in it. And some wonderfully funny satirical passages.
 What did others think of it?

Anny
AnnyMiddon@aol.com