Re: So who is on this list?

From: Jill Gillham (jilkey@grfn.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 11:20:08 PDT

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Hope Cascio wrote:

> us about this list. I've loved science fiction since (and this is embarassing
> to me now!) my best friend in seventh grade turned me on to... <whisper>
> Piers Anthony. I read all of the Apprentice Adept books that were out at the

You aren't alone on that one actually. I got started on sf/fantasy when a
freind at summer camp loaned me "Blue Adept" when I was 10. It was just
kind of a revelation that there was something other than the typical
juvenile fiction out there I wound up going back and working my way
through the branch library's sf section and finding the really good stuff.

As far as who I am, I'm a transplanted "Damnyankee" living in Tennessee
(the Western part, where there isn't even any good scenery to go with the
intolerance and bigotry) cause my husband got a tenure track art job at
UT-Martin. Got a BA in Economics and a Masters in Public
Policy, neither of which has proven to be very useful in getting a job
down here, so I'm going back to school to get a computer science degree on
the logic that if you're going to be overqualified to do something, you
moght as well be really overqualified. Dependants: one cat, none human.

Jill Gillham
jilkey@grfn.org jillmari@aol.com http://members.aol.com/ferndock2