Re: elizabeth hand

From: Kate Bolin (kbolin@MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU)
Date: Sat Jul 19 1997 - 11:27:27 PDT

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Erik Tsao wrote:

> Has anyone read Elizabeth Hand's _Awaken the Moon_ (recently published by
> Harper in mass market paper)? I just finished it and passed it on to a
> friend. Thoughts on the book?

        "Waking the Moon". And I loved it. Very lush, very detailed, and
just amazing to read.

        Maybe it's because I'm an Anthropology and Religious Traditions of
the West major, but I loved it. All these exquisite elements coming
together deliciously. And a main character that was utterly fascinating.

        I've tried to read "The Glimmering", another novel of hers, but I
just couldn't get into it...

Kate Bolin