Re: Light reading

From: Elizabeth Wicker (ewbennefeld@POSTOFFICE.WORLDNET.ATT.NET)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 12:28:54 PDT

On Wed, 13 Aug 97 17:29:57 +0000, Jeanine Pedersen
<Jeanine99@aol.com> wrote:

>I'll be going into the hospital for a few days and I am looking for some good
>books -- something light so I don't have to think to hard, preferably long so
>I don't have to make my husband go to the book store more than once. Fantasy
>suggestions would be as appreciated as much SF (but not horror).

You did specify "light" reading, so --

Anvil of the Sun (and the second book, Bridge of Valor) of
The Cloak and Dagger series by Anne Lesley Groell.

Jody Lynn Nye's "Mythology" books: Mythology 101, Mythology
Abroad, Higher Mythology.

If you like short stories, there's a collection of short
stories (Daw Books) edited by Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth
A. Scarborough called Space Opera. The copyright date is
Dec. 1996, but it just hit our bookstore shelves.

It's a few months out of date, but I've got our SF reading
list (just the books we liked from the ones we've read so
far this year) out on my web site:
  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6505/sflist.htm

There 're little notes after the ones I liked particularly.
My husband has two categories of good books. "Not bad"
(take it or leave it) and "Damned book!" (the ones he stays
up all night to read, and then has trouble making it through
work the next day). I have yet to find an appropriate
translation for that for our web site.

Best regards,
Elizabeth

AT&T Worldnet Personal Web Page Beta Tester
   http://home.att.net/~EWBennefeld/
Elizabeth's Haven
   http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/6505/
The Voice Within/LOTH Art Gallery