Re: [*FSFFU*] sex change operations

From: Heather MacLean (hmaclean@KENT.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 18:09:41 PDT

At 08:55 PM 9/11/97 -0400, Marilyn Nulman <mnulman@CURTISLIBRARY.COM> wrote:

>This took place in England in the late sixties. Sex roles seemed more
>immutable then than they do today. Come to think about it, I don't hear
>much about sex-change operations lately. Are they out of style? Made
>unnecessary by our relaxing of gender roles? Or just so common that no one
>notices?

Hohooo. Oh my goodness, no they're not out of style--I know of at least 20
Female to Male (FTMs) conversions being considered, or en route, among my
friends, as well as a couple MTFs... But you're right, you don't hear about
it much. Why would you? This is a personal operation, a (w)righting of
"natural" wrong...

Perhaps gender roles are the replacement terminology for sex roles; I'm not
quite sure what you're referring to here..

Heather
=).

hmaclean@kent.edu
http://kent.edu/~hmaclean