[*FSFFU*] Wonder Woman (was Re: Are we talking about Feminist SF?)

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 16 1997 - 08:36:16 PDT

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Emrah said:

> I feel that this whole discussion about sports, muscles, power, comic
heroes,
> is going a bit (to be modest) far away from our main topic.

Aren't comic books a legit topic? Wonder Woman, at least? Wonder Woman
was conceived as a sort of feminist comic book, way back in the '40s, a
real standout in that era. (If anybody has a collection of these early
stories, I'd like to trade for it.) I was wondering how comics fans on
the list felt about the treatments of the character since that time,
particularly the current series which I believe is being done by John
Byrne. Worth checking out?

--
David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"Yet, throughout the book there exists the whole gamut of strange facts which we ourselves had been aware of for years, all carefully mustered to support a theory doomed by every process of logic to be forever incomprehensible." - Ray Palmer