Re: [*FSFFU*] Wonder Woman (was Re: Are we talking about Feminist SF?)

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 08:32:47 PDT

Gee, the more things change the more they stay the same! (Please pardon
cliche.) Writing as a substitute for a "real life" with a husband and
children, huh? When I told my 70-something mother of the recent sale of
my first novel (I'm 45, director of a State of Maine agency division,
happy - successful - and SINGLE BY CHOICE), her response went something
like this: "That's nice, dear. But don't worry, someday you'll get
married; you still have time. In the meantime, I suppose it's nice if
you're subliminating to satisfy your real needs."

My, but I'm glad my self-image was formed long before I found out what
I'd really have to do to please Mama...who is a retired professional
with two graduate degrees, and ought to know better.

Nina Osier (author of "Exile's End," soon to be available on diskette
from Electra-Lite Books)