Re: [*FSFFU*] Tibet and Compassion & Empathy

From: Bill Sansbury (grok@IDT.NET)
Date: Thu Oct 23 1997 - 13:21:52 PDT

At 11:49 PM 10/22/1997 -0400, you wrote:
excuse me, but as an anthropologist I must state that culture is a natural
phenomenon and if it has any "purpose" at all it is the survival of the
species.

>Neil Rest says:
><< the purpost of the culture of Tibet is to maximize compassion.>>

 "The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of
words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people
who must use the words."
                               PKD
grok@idt.net http://idt.net/~grok/
bsans@wam.umd.edu http://www.wam.umd.edu/~bsans