Re: [*FSFFU*] Introduction (Tardy)

From: Vonda N. McIntyre (vonda@OZ.NET)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 02:11:02 PST

Hi Nina --

Thanks for the kind words.

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997 19:18:09 -0500, "Nina M. Osier"
<mbarron@MINT.NET> wrote:

>Vonda, please do post that so-called "rant"! I discovered your other

OK. I may be sorry, but I'm persuaded.

>books after reading one of your Star Trek novels, and I'm very glad that

Me too. It's fairly rare, by the way, for media
tie-in readers to pay attention to the authors.
(Or to the original fiction by those authors.)
Awfully nice when it occurs, though.

>happened. Also, I will say shamelessly that I waited from 1966 until
>ST:Voyager came on the air wishing to see a female ST captain who wasn't

Me too. It gave me great pleasure to put Mandala
Flynn and Captain Hunter into Entropy Effect.

>a nut case (I'm referring to a certain episode of the original Star
>Trek, either you'll understand this reference or you won't) and that I
>thoroughly enjoy Kate Mulgrew's character.

If I'm thinking of the same episode you are, she
wasn't a nut case captain. She was a nut case
because she wasn't _allowed_ to be a captain. But
it's been a long time so I could be wrong. I often
am.

Best,

Vonda

http://www.sff.net/people/Vonda