[*FSFFU*] (fwd) Re: Introduction (Tardy)

From: Vonda N. McIntyre (vonda@OZ.NET)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 02:21:19 PST

Hi Geoffrey,

The rant is more about media tie-in books after
they're published, than it is about writing them
in the first place.

I think I'm already pushing the envelope of
"feminist sf" by posting my tie-in novel rant;
probably would be best not to gum up the mailing
list with Tie In Novel War Stories. Especially
since my experiences were quite pleasant,
particularly compared to the experiences of people
who have worked in the field more recently.

Now, if anybody wants to discuss the Bondage &
Discipline B/a/r/b/i/e/ Leia action figure, which
we are apparently supposed to run right out and
buy for all the little girls on our Xmas lists,
that might could fit the mailing list's
parameters.

Vonda

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997 01:39:54 -0400, "Geoffrey D.
Sperl" <gamgee@geocities.com> wrote:

>Vonda,
>
>Actually, I'd love to see that rant. Could you also address your
>experience at Bantam with _The Crystal Star_? And the _SW_ universe in
>contrast to the _ST_ universe?
>
>- Geoffrey

http://www.sff.net/people/Vonda
Some official good news at