Re: [*FSFFU*] Tie In Novels: The End of SF or the World as We Know It?

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 06:30:12 PST

Vonda, thank you for posting your "rant" after all! I do wish I had
some ideas on how to change the larger world's perception of SF. I
never cease to be amazed by the otherwise intelligent people who still
regard speculative fiction of any type as something for adolescent boys
only.

Speaking as someone still in the process of breaking in, I am also
saddened that the measure of success in this as in every other field of
endeavor has to be "how much money have you made by doing it." That's
our society, I accept it as it is; but it's still pitiful. How much
money did Emily Dickinson make...?

Nina