Re: [*FSFFU*] Gibbon's Decline and Fall

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 06:12:04 PST

Jana, this is a real problem for me and I suspect this may be true for
more women than we realize. Spirituality and its corporate expression is
by my own choice an important part of my life, and interacting within
the church that I carefully chose in adulthood as being the least
male-dominated one that answered my needs is an ongoing challenge. Yet
just when I am utterly disgusted, I at last hear during the communion
ritual the wonderful words: "God who gave birth to you..." and then I
realize that all my ranting and raving during leadership functions is
not only being heard, but sometimes actually comprehended. And so I
stay, because to me this is important and someone has to keep do that
yelling. Perhaps it may seem to someone looking on that I'm accepting
oppression, but I doubt if my fellow members see me that way! "Suffer
fools gladly" is one Biblical command I've never been the least bit able
to obey....

Nina