Re: [*FSFFU*] Starship Troopers

From: Pat (mathews@UNM.EDU)
Date: Sat Nov 08 1997 - 07:25:44 PST

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Bonnie Gray wrote:

> My question to the server is, does anybody know anything about
> his wife? I have heard rumors that she was quite brilliant, which
> may have had something to do with his incorporation of "strong"
> (again, look at the decades) females. I haven't seen anything written
> about her, though.

        May I pass this on to Jean Lamb? She's acquainted with Virginia
Heinlein. As I understand it, she's the prototype for a lot of his
redheaded hell-on-wheels women a la Maureen O'Hara in her many roles, and
Hot Lips Houlihan after Colonel Potter came on board. (digression - once
Margaret had a commander she could respect, she stopped trying to run the
MASH unit all by herself, through the only tool she could command, and
reverted to her better self. And how did COlonel Blake EVER survive WWII?)

Patricia (Pat) Mathews
mathews@unm.edu