Re: [*FSFFU*] Nichelle Nichols

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 21:33:52 PST

>> that
>> Nichelle Nicolls (sp?!) was not real happy with Lt. Ohura, but Dr.
>> King convinced her to stay with the show, since she was a role model
>> of a reaponsible, respected black woman in the future.
>> One of the people who might not have has the same career without that
>> inspiration is Woopie Goldberg<<

Well, you spelled Nichelle's name right, but it's Lt. Uhura and Whoopi (no
'e'). Indeed, as you probably know, it was largely because of Nichelle's
role that Whoopi was interested in showbiz (I think) and in doing STNG (I
know). Matter of fact, I believe she asked to be on the show. I think she
was a great addition and hope I see her in more STNG movies.
Whoopi, can you hear me?

-Sean

"America doesn't exist. I know...I lived there."--'Mon Oncle'