Re: [*FSFFU*] Tie In Novels: The End of SF or the World as We Know It?

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 09:05:43 PST

Maryelizabeth Hart wrote:

    It may not be as frequent, Maryelizabeth, but it does happen! I've
read "regular SF" since I was a little girl, and will read media tie-ins
if they are well-written and if the particular film or TV series
interests me. And if I like the tie-in author's work, I _always_ look
around the bookstore on my next visit to see what else that author has
on the shelves. That's how I found Vonda's books - and Alan Dean
Foster's, to name just two authors who inhabit my shelves with both
tie-ins and non tie-ins. I'm not questioning your experiences as a
bookseller, but I am wondering if I can possibly be such an
oddity...(although come to think of it, just being an SF lover makes me
one to family and friends!).

Nina Osier