Re: [*FSFFU*] high heels, comics, & Xena

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 15:10:57 PST

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Mythos minutiae department: I have here an illustration of the cover
from Wonder Woman #2, 1942, and the original Diana was most definitely
wearing boots, not sandals. (And tossing a 300-pound gladiator over a
six-foot wall.) I recall WW wearing groovy go-go boots in the late 60s
and early 70s, too.

BTW, I channel-surfed into a bit of Howard Stern's "interview" with Lucy
"Xena" Lawless a while ago, and in those brief moments when Stern wasn't
interrupting Lawless to blab about himself, I discerned that Lawless is
under a lot of pressure to star in a Wonder Woman (or Xena) movie, but
she won't do it because it would take up all her free months which she
devotes to family, and she's got what she calls an "F.U." attitude about
that kind of pressure. (Bravo.)

--
David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"We live in Gothic times." - Angela Carter