[*FSFFU*] Clay's Ark

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 15:10:55 PST

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Just finished reading Butler's Clay's Ark, the first Butler novel for me
. I was quite surprised at how violent it was, and how badly she treated
her protagonists. Am I being oversensitive? Is this characteristic of
Butler?

Anyway, I found the alien disease and its effects quite interesting, and
I kept trying to fit it into some kind of feminist frame, but it
wouldn't go. (Seemed like a sequel was possible - was there one?)

--
David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"We live in Gothic times." - Angela Carter