Re: [*FSFFU*] Intro/tie-ins/Star Wars

From: Vonda N. McIntyre (vonda@OZ.NET)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 18:42:10 PST

So, um, I was supposed to expand the place of ALL
the token characters in all three movies?

That's an awful lot to ask of one little book.

It also isn't what I was asked to do.

(And even then, I have to point out that Xaverri,
among others, is clearly not Caucasian; and I made
a number of non-human characters central -- Lusa
the centaur child has the last line! -- as opposed
to giving Luke and Han medals while Chewbacca gets
to stand by and look on worshipfully.)

I'm sorry you found the work inadequate.

Maybe it's just another example of the failure of
imagination I've been accused of recently. All I
can say is I did the best I could in the time I
had to do it in. (Which was half the time I
expected and agreed to.)

Vonda

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:31:55 -0600, Sean Johnston
<sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU> wrote:

>Hmm...I b'lieve you've got Yoda and Lando Calrissian (sp?)

http://www.sff.net/people/Vonda
The Moon and the Sun -- One of Publishers Weekly's
"Best Books of 1997"
http://www.bookwire.com/pw/bestbooks97.article$3946