Re: [*FSFFU*] Intro/tie-ins/Star Wars

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 03:32:58 PST

Vonda N. McIntyre wrote:

> (And even then, I have to point out that Xaverri,
> among others, is clearly not Caucasian; and I made
> a number of non-human characters central -- Lusa
> the centaur child has the last line! -- as opposed
> to giving Luke and Han medals while Chewbacca gets
> to stand by and look on worshipfully.)

By any chance did you catch MTV's movie awards this year? Chewbacca won
the Lifetime Achievement Award, modeled after that medal he wasn't given
in _ANH_. That always bothered me, even at four. I never understood
why Chewie didn't get one. Maybe because the alliance gave all its gold
to Han? :)

- Geoffrey