Re: [*FSFFU*] Intro/tie-ins/Star Wars

From: Lindy S. L. Lovvik (laorka@Best.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 21:38:05 PST

 Vonda N. McIntyre wrote:

[snip]

> While I have a
> case-sized box of letters telling me how much
> people like it, the reaction on the web is often
> that I'm the spawn of satan ("bitch" was one of
> the less loaded words applied to me) for focusing
> on Leia, Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin.
>
> Vonda

Hi,

I haven't read any of the SW books yet. Now I *know*
I want to read this one, considering the focus. >:-D

Thanks for being a. . . uh. . . woman who focussed on
female characters. :-) Dangerous person to be, it seems.
No word really encompasses such a creature. . .except
possibly "author." "Writer" would work, too.

?

I believe people are having a fit over it, (seein' as people
have fits about odd things all the time) but I don't understand
why.

Lindy

---
"I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I
 did not like would have an opposite, which I would like."
                                                            --Coco Chanel