Re: [*FSFFU*] Intro/tie-ins/Star Wars

From: Vonda N. McIntyre (vonda@oz.net)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 19:57:16 PST

Hi Becca,

Thanks for the kind words.

I couldn't figure out any other way to interpret
Sean's message than as a challenge that I ought to
have done something other than what I did. If I
misread it, naturally I'm sorry.

My skin is a little thin about Crystal Star,
especially on the Internet. While I have a
case-sized box of letters telling me how much
people like it, the reaction on the web is often
that I'm the spawn of satan ("bitch" was one of
the less loaded words applied to me) for focusing
on Leia, Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin.

Vonda

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:02:57 -0600, Becca Stoler
<rstoler@MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU> wrote:

>Um, Vonda, I don't think he meant that as a slight or anything. I know I
>loved the book. I think you did a fine job.
>
>Becca

http://www.sff.net/people/Vonda
The Moon and the Sun -- One of Publishers Weekly's
"Best Books of 1997"
http://www.bookwire.com/pw/bestbooks97.article$3946