Re: [*FSFFU*] evil sexy villainesses

From: NESchaadt (nschaadt@txcc.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 11:19:44 PST

With respect to Joan Crawford, I believe one of the most important modern
(post B&W) portrayal of womyn as villain was Glenn Close in 'Fatal
Attraction.'
NS

not-so-short intro: I've been lurking since last spring when I found this
listserv through the Feminist SF WWW page. I spent the summer consuming
every volume on the introductory reading list and was thrilled to find
discussions about my favorite subject--although some of the dialogue is a
bit over my head. My favorites include Sheri Tepper (If she published her
shopping list, I'll buy it) Le Guin, McNee Charnas, MZB (occasionally),
Hand and Moon. I'm a free-lance journalist (I write about wimmin's issues,
mountain biking, extreme sports and food/spirits) and a hopeless
non-academic who feels charmed to have escaped college with a BA. I live
in north TX, was born in NJ, am comfortable in Seattle and have lived in
eastern PA, Washington DC and San Francisco. I'm 35 and married to a
wonderful fella. No kids unless you count two cats, two vintage muscle
cars and a husband as children (I do). I'm also a volunteer patient
advocate for a local clinic.
Blessed Be and Best Fishes,
NS
Nancy Schaadt