Re: [*FSFFU*] evil sexy villainesses

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 09:02:11 PST

>Well, the first two that come to mind are such feminist "gems" as _Goldeneye_
>(the most recent James Bond movie) and _Die_Hard_3_. Hmm. I'm having a hard
>time thinking of any others. Maybe it just seemed that way to me because I
>saw both of those around the same time as I saw _First_Contact_. I'm going
>to think about it more, so maybe it did just seem that way. (Oh, wait, there
>*was* _Basic_Instinct_ [she was bisexual, after all, which Michael Douglas
>sure seemed to consider deviant].) I'm going to think about this some more
>and see if I can think of other examples, because I feel certain there are
>some more out there, and if there aren't, then I'm going to have think a few
>things through again.
>
>Barbara Benesch
>BJBenesch@aol.com

Barbara:

To clarify, I wasn't questioning your perceptions -- just trying to figure
out what to avoid on the video racks. :)

I saw Basic Instincts way back when, but probably wouldn't have picked up
the other two anyway.

OTOH, a movie with sexy heros (in a noir way) was Bound, which I enjoyed.

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747
San Diego, CA 92111 619-268-4775 FAX