Re: [*FSFFU*] SF and academia: was Re: Mythology book query -Reply

From: MaryLou (mcrouch@MNSINC.COM)
Date: Sat Nov 22 1997 - 12:47:00 PST

Take a look at the MFA program at George Mason Univ. in Fairfax, Va.
I teach parttime there in the English Dept and know that SF is considered serious
lit by many of my colleagues. Tom Moylan is one of the professors--you may know
his name from a book on SF he wrote several years ago--can't think of the title at
the moment. The program here is heavily cultural studies and we tend to use
sociological sf as ways to think about, write about, and discuss social issues.
Also strong feminists in the program.
Mason web page=http://www.gmu.edu