Re: [*FSFFU*] Algernon -Reply

From: Marsha Valance (MVALAN@MPL.ORG)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 06:55:15 PST

And I read it is a Judy Merril annual collection (SF: the
Year's Best, 1957[?]) I bought on the drugstore
paperback rack when I was 12.

Marsha

>>> Neil Rest <NeilRest@TEZCAT.COM> 11/07 9:20
am >>>
Patricia (Pat) Mathews wrote:
>I knew I was getting ancient, but .... I read the original
story in an SF
>magazine when it first came out. I never forgot it. I had
the magazine
>hidden behind a textbook in class as my usual custom
was - imagine my
>surprise 30 years later to find it, not *behind* my
daughters' textbooks,
>but IN them!

The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, wasn't it?

also old enough to remember that it was a story later
expanded into a novel,
Neil
NeilRest@tezcat.com