Re: [*FSFFU*] Guy Gavriel Kay

From: Lesley Hall (Lesley_Hall@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 - 06:57:38 PST

When I first read tFT (or the first two books) I felt that GGK's sources were
showing through rather too strongly and had not been adequately assimilated
(esp the section which seemed to me a direct rip-off of Joy Chant's 'Red Moon
and Black Mountain' {and what happened to Joy Chant???}). On re-reading many
years late I liked it more. Again, some of Tigana showed the source-material a
bit transparently I thought (the nightwalkers, for example). The more recent
books seem to me to have overcome this. Always readable, however.
Lesley
Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com