Re: [*FSFFU*] Guy Gavriel Kay

From: Nancy Ewart (nej@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 1997 - 09:35:38 PST

I'm more a lurker on this list than a poster but wanted to add my two cents
worth about Kay -- while I've enjoyed reading him, I feel that he
plaragizes. For instance, many of his books (can't remember the names) are
rip of's of Zoe Oldenberg's books on the Cathars and the Albigensian
Crusade in southern France during the Middle Ages and ditto with his book
on medieval Spain. I think that the more you know about medieval European
history, the less enjoyable he is. Although he does create some strong
women characters I've been very disappointed by the "borrowings"

Just my two cents worth...

Nancy EJ