Re: [*FSFFU*] Strange Days movie

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 12:40:59 PST

DAVID CHRISTENSON wrote:

> Funny how nobody (here or in mainstream criticism) ever mentions the
> long, excruciating rape scenes that are presented in first-person
> camera
> -eye point of view in this movie.

To be honest, the movie lost me in the first ten minutes. Nero was a
yawner, and when I could believe him, the rest of the movie fell behind
and I had no connection to the rape scenes at all. I hate to say all of
this: Fiennes and Bassett two of my favorite actors and I'd gleefully go
see the movie version of a plumbing manual if it starred one (or both)
of those two...but the source material for this flick was just plain
bad...

- Geoffrey

--
"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499