Re: [*FSFFU*] genres, etc.

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@geocities.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 08:27:31 PST

Erik-

While my curiousity is peaked about which student you were talking with
(some of you may have made the connection that Erik and I hail from the
same university, though I'm not officially connected to the English
department any longer), I would have to say that pop fiction is secure
in its place in pop culture. I especially think of Stephen King stating
that reading one of his books is the literary equiv. to a Big Mac and
fries. There do seem to be many, many authors in pop fiction who write
specifically as filler and probably view themselves as the Whoppers and
Big Macs of the lit world...

- Geoffrey

--
"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499