Re: [*FSFFU*] genres, etc. (+ popular culture, back on-topic)

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 18:30:02 PST

Hey, they should have met my grandfather. His formal education ended
after Grade 8, on a Maine island in those days if your father died you
went to work! However, he read all his life--I remember him getting up
at 4 a.m. so he could have two hours of quiet with his books--and when
his youngest child went to college, he read every one of her textbooks.
So much for assumptions, they just don't work very well when applied to
human beings.

Nina Osier