Re: [*FSFFU*] Honor Harrington series

From: Cynthia Gonsalves (cynthia1960@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 1997 - 14:17:20 PST

Actually, I thought it was cool that a woman could be First Lord of the
Admiralty. Since it's a job, and not an inherited title, I guess it
didn't bother me too much. Also, in the 6th book, did you notice that
one of the past Andermani emperors (died childless, and the succession
goes in the male line) was succeeded by his sister who had herself
legally declared a man to avert a war between her male cousins? Turned
out to be one of the best "emperors" the Andermani have had.

A rose is just a rose by any other name...

later, Cynthia

--
"I had to be a bitch....They wouldn't let me be a Jesuit."
(from Matt Ruff's _Sewer, Gas & Electric_)  Sharks Bite!!!!

http://members.home.net/cynthia1960/