[*FSFFU*] Josephine Saxton

From: Lindy S. L. Lovvik (laorka@MEER.NET)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 15:31:49 PST

Hello all,

I am re-reading Josephine Saxton's _The Travails of
Jane Saint and Other Stories_. (ISBN: 0-7043-4037-2
The Women's Press Limited, 1986). I enjoy the humor
and getting to know Ms. Saxton's view of feminism
(some of which is quite similar to mine).

This is not one of those books to read while sleepy.
Also, a huge amount of background knowledge is
required to appreciate the hundreds of subtleties
embedded in names, actions, geography, etc. I
understood maybe 75% of them on the first read.

Has anyone else read this one? She appears to be
mostly an author of short stories and novellas,
although one of works listed in the bio, _The Queen
of the States_ , appears to be a novel.

Lindy

--
"If I had my past life to live over, I'd make all the
 same mistakes, only sooner."  --Tallulah Bankhead

http://www.dotgraph.com/ Resources related to women, disabilities and literature