Re: [*FSFFU*] Strong women books

From: BJBenesch (BJBenesch@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 11 1997 - 17:17:24 PST

In a message dated 97-12-11 18:43:36 EST, Jenny Rankine wrote:

> I thought you'd be swamped with suggestions, Cat, but it didn't seem like
> it so here are a few of mine.
<snip>
> Robin McKinley's two related novels The Blue Sword and The Hero and The
> Crown about young women growing up and becoming heroes

Oooh, I forgot about those. I knew I knew more, Cat, but I couldn't think of
them when I made my few suggestions. Yes, definitely these two - The Hero and
The Crown was one of the first sf/fantasy books I ever read, and part of why I
got hooked. I'm currently on my second copy, because I read the first one to
"death". :)

Barbara Benesch
BJBenesch@aol.com