Re: Influence of Sci Fi on Women

From: Wu Yun Ren (wuyun@MSN.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 07:14:41 PST

        I am new to this list so I will introduce myself. My name is Peiwen Ren and
am 18 years old. I am in college studying God only knows what and I became
interested in SF/F when I was 13. The first two SF/F books I ever read was
East of Midnight by Tanith Lee and SwordDancer by Jennifer Roberson, two
wonderful books. I too am one of those readers who veers toward female authors
as well as strong heroines and I rarely read male authors like Asimov or
Heinlen. My favourite SF/F authors are Jennifer Roberson, Tanith Lee, Andre
Norton (Elvenbane series) as well as Tanya Huff and Charles de Lint. I love
Star Trek (all of them), Star Wars, X-Men as well as some Japanese anime like
Sailormoon.
        I also joined the Science Fiction and Fantasy Listserv where most of the
people enjoy reading the 'hardcore' sci-fi novels so it is difficult for me to
connect at times. One of the problems they brought up was about
spouses/girlfriend/boyfriend who were not interested in SF/F books. Does
anyone have a problem with their loved ones?

Have fun chatting!
:::pei:::