Re: HI EVERYONE!!!

From: Anne V Stuecker (avs5@juno.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 11:25:07 PST

Hello, all. My name is Anne Stuecker and I am a junior majoring in
English (with a concentration in Cultural Studies) and Spanish, with a
minor in Music (Voice) at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia.

I was originally going to send this message straight to Dena, but figured
I may as well post it on the list.

Dena wrote:

>There was an article some years back
>proposing the Santa Cruz was a feminist utopia.

Do you believe this to be true? I just read Kim Stanley Robinson's
_Pacific Edge_, from his "Three Californias" trilogy, and I'm currently
absorbed with the prospect of California as our nation's utopian center.
I've been an East-Coaster all my life (DC is my home) and have never been
further west than Kansas, so I'm interested to know more about California
and to visit someday.

>I am also interesting in
>gender and science studies and concepts such as the patient as a cyborg.

This, too, is fascinating to me. I feel that the large majority of
Americans don't realize the great advancements science is making in the
areas of what some would call "dehumanization." For instance, it is
highly unlikely that someone has not cloned a human being so far. I
mean, come on, we've all seen the "X-Files" (just kidding).

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Anne Stuecker
We have to shout above the din of our Rice Krispies. -- The Police