Re: BEAUTY

From: Nalo Hopkinson (bl213@FREENET.TORONTO.ON.CA)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 16:07:54 PDT

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Barbara Harman wrote:

> Jack Zipes is a local (Minnesotan) who teaches at the University of
> Minnesota. "Don't Bet on the Prince" sounds like one of his. He also did a
> collection of all the different variations on Little Red Riding Hood.

NH: I'd really be interested in reading this, if anyone knows the title.
I'll try looking it up on my public library database too.

 Though
> I don't remember the title, I'm sure it was provocative as well. Thanks for
> the correction on "The Armless Maiden." I have not made it to the end of the
> book yet (chilling indeed!) so was not aware of Windling's more personal
> association.

NH: Oops. Sorry, Barbara, and anyone else for whom I may have revealed
too much too soon.

-nalo

"Starchild here. Put a glide in your stride, and a dip in your hip, and
come on over to the Mothership."
                                        P-Funk, "Mothership Connection"