Frankenstein book

From: lissa bloomer (ebloomer@MAIL.VT.EDU)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 13:09:42 PDT

dear all:

i'm looking for two books. two books that i've never read.

i'm teaching a class where i'd like to use a comparable book to
_Frankenstein_ ... i'd like it to be both sci-fi and fem AND not
extraordinarily difficult (like, say, Le Guin's _Dispossessed_)(*gasp*)...

my theme (or, as we silly english teachers like to call it, "body of
discourse") is going to be called something along the lines of "Beauty and
the Beast" -- i think i'm going to use _Beowulf_ together with _Grendel_

the second book i'm looking for is for a class on family... i'd like to,
again, use a sci-fi fem book that i haven't read before: one that has an
unusual family... i may be using _Fried Green Tomatoes_ and _Momaday_ and
_I am One of You Forever_

any ideas?

thanks,

-lissa bloomer

if you're wearing pants, thank my great great great grandmother.

elisabeth bloomer
instructor, english
virginia tech
ebloomer@vt.edu