Re: Feminist "hard sf"

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 28 1997 - 12:14:57 PDT

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Do some novels by Melissa Scott qualify as feminist hard SF? (This is my
not-too-subtle way of trying to get a Melissa Scott discussion going in
advance of Wiscon where she's guest of honor.)

BTW, I've read one of her novels - Mighty Good Road - and found it
difficult to enjoy - perhaps too much technology and not enough
character development, humor, action for my taste. The matter-of-fact
lesbianism of the heroine was a nice touch. But maybe I started with the
wrong Scott novel.

--

David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com

"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be." - Yogi Berra