SM Charnas

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 11:40:25 PDT

Speaking of "who is on this list," Janice and Susan commented:

>> I recently finished _A Door Into Ocean_, which was
>> somewhat interesting, though the bad guys were cut out of cardboard, and
>> the 3rd _Native Tongue_ book, which was patently absurd and very bad.
>
>I picked up that whole trilogy in a used bookstore, because they were
>inexpensive and looked interesting (and I'd just handed in two very large
>term papers and was treating myself), and I read through all three books
>in one weekend, but by the time I got to the end of the trilogy, I was
>reading just for the sake of finishing what I'd started. They started out
>interestingly enough but just degenerated... and I found something vaguely
>offensive in the portrayal of the inter-gender relations. The idea that
>men and women just can't, literally and unequivocally and universally
>-can't- understand each other.

Well, I guess they worked for me because I am sometimes baffled by the fact
that any two entities are able to communicate, let alone two entities fo
different genders. And living with my husband and son is enough to give me
many instances of complete conviction that they are indeed wired
differently and occasionally incomprehensible.

Comments from Susie?

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747