Re: [*FSFFU*] Tolkien

From: Nina M. Osier (mbarron@MINT.NET)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 14:35:21 PDT

My experience in more than 25 years of adult involvement in church
leadership (Protestant, several different denominations - including some
formal study toward ordination) has been that male pronouns are treated
by many religious people as including women when work is being handed
out - but when privileges are being defined, suddenly "he" and "him"
definitely mean "males only."

Which of course is utter nonsense....

Nina Osier