Re: [*FSFFU*] Guy Gavriel Kay

From: Janice M Bogstad (bogstajm@UWEC.EDU)
Date: Mon Oct 27 1997 - 13:47:43 PST

Hi- I just wanted to correct a misconception: Tigana was
not Kay's first fanatsy novel - it was The Summer Tree and
two more books in a series.
I am very fond of all of his books, Tigana among them, but
so far my favorite is A Song for Arbonne, on a number
of levels, from his use of both Old Provencal culture and
literary forms to his transformation of the ethos of
courtly love. I have read " The Lions" but not connected
so intimately with it...
Jan BOgstad bogstajm