[*FSFFU*] Introduction

From: Jason A. Wallwork (wallwork@PETERBORO.NET)
Date: Fri Nov 07 1997 - 11:29:56 PST

Hi everyone!

I found about this list from TipWorld and since then I'm quite impressed
with some of the dialogue and the traffic going on over the last couple of
days.

I've read a fair amount of Sci-Fi, but the concept of Feminist Sci-Fi is new
to me, although I consider myself a male feminist. I also like to dabble in
fantasy which is and isn't really sci-fi. I've read Asimov's foundation
series, some of Robert Jordan's books (reading the Wheel of Time series
now), Heinlein, Pohl (can't say I care much for his writing style) and
although I know it's "soft sci-fi", I have a few favorite favorite Star Trek
authors, especially Peter David and Michael Jan Freidman. I also appreciate
David Eddings (in the fantasy genre, although "Losers" was good, too) and
Kevin J. Anderson for the several of the Star Wars books and the new X-files
series.

I'm 26, married, live in Ontario, Canada, and am preparing to go to
university (Royal Military College) next year. Well, I just wanted to let
you know who I am, and now I'll go back into "lurker" mode for a while :-)

Jason A. Wallwork, Kawartha Computer Club President
E-mail: jsheridan@bigfoot.com
KCC Homepage: http://www.thekcc.org
"It is in vain to hope to please all alike. Let a man stand with his face
in what direction he will, he must necessarily turn his back on one half
of the world." -George Dennison Prentice