Re: [*FSFFU*] Species traitor (was: Stormship Troopers)

From: Vonda N. McIntyre (vonda@OZ.NET)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 23:24:08 PST

Hi Jennifer,

Every so often somebody nibbles a bit on
Dreamsnake as a movie; I even went so far as to
write a screenplay (before I quite knew what I was
doing, but I know how to revise it now). It could
be made fairly economically. So if you happen to
know anybody with about twelve million dollars
they'd like to take a flyer with, by all means
pass on my name.

STARFARERS actually started as "the best tv
miniseries never made." I designed it so it could
mostly be filmed in somebody's back yard. It never
was, of course, and the chance that American tv
would ever make a series in which three of the
four main characters are married to each other is
somewhere in the imaginary numbers.

However it did have a fan club... before it was
ever written.

Vonda

>From: Jennifer Krauel <jkrauel@actioneer.com>
>Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:01:55 -0800

>McIntyre's Starfarers etc. - Although I love these stories perhaps
>there's not enough chase scenes (sorry, Vonda, but somehow I don't think
>you'll take that as an insult). How about perhaps Dreamsnake?

http://www.sff.net/people/Vonda
The Moon and the Sun -- One of Publishers Weekly's
"Best Books of 1997"
http://www.bookwire.com/pw/bestbooks97.article$3946