[*FSFFU*] No need to make it personal

From: Le Anne Fossmeyer (lfossmeyer@dataworks.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 15:46:11 PST

*****************************
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Gramstad [SMTP:thomasg@ifi.uio.no]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 1997 2:52 AM
To: Le Anne Fossmeyer
Cc: feministsf@listserv.uic.edu
Subject: Re: Strange Days movie
Say, could you post a list of 5-10 other films you don't like?
I'd like to bring that list with me the next time I'm going to
rent some videos...

Thomas Gramstad
thomasg@ifi.uio.no
****************************

Gosh, I tried not to offend those who liked the movie. I gave everyone
the benefit of the doubt by stating that I might I have seen a different
version of the flick (San Diego, where I live, gets to be a test market
for everything from movies to new fast-food items). I even went out of
my way in another posting to admit my perception may have been biased by
my environment. While I insulted the movie (and I wasn't the only one),
I tried very hard NOT to insult those who found something worthwhile in
it.

So what do I get for that? I get your borderline obnoxious
response--not once but twice. You send it not only send it to my e-mail
address directly but also to the entire list. Did you think I'd miss
the insult if I didn't read it two times? Did you want to make sure I
knew that you meant it for me in particular? Did you just want to make
sure that everyone else got to read your joking insult?

Anyway, I have a sense of humor so I'll pander to you. Here's a list of
other movies that suck. Rent every one of them. These aren't the worst
movies ever made; they are only the worst movies I've actually seen.

Clash of the Titans
Anachonda
Over the Top
Valley Girl --this does have camp value....
Cocktails
Bar Girls

Movies you should avoid because I think they are good. Also, not the
best movies ever made, just the best that I've seen recently that might
not have shown at the multi-plex:

Brazil
Drugstore Cowboy
Clerks
Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls In Love
Bound (you might like this because it does have some lame dialogue and
stars Jennifer Tilly--widely considered a "bad" actress)