Re: [*FSFFU*] genres, etc.

From: MARINA YERESHENKO (my0203@BRONCHO.UCOK.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 20:38:20 PST

I'm sure it won't be too long before online discussions get audio and
visual options. However, I wonder if it's going to co-exist with the
traditional "typing style" lists (kind of like movies did not eliminate
books, and television theaters) or typing is going to go the way of those
pens you were supposed to stick into a bottle with ink to write.

Marina

On Mon, 8
Dec 1997, Lorry B. Bond wrote:

> >If (or more likely, when) they come up with means of participating in
> >on-line discussions by using a microphone instead of typing, don't you
> >think it will affect the numbers of people still willing to type and read
> >the messages?
>
> May be hard to predict, but it will be interesting to see what actually
> happens! This will most likely be a reality in our lifetimes (I already
> have a computer that I can speak commands into, but don't have it hooked up
> . . . )
>
> Lorry

        "Femininity is code for femaleness plus whatever society
           happens to be selling at the time."
                                                Naomi Wolf