Re: [*FSFFU*] genres, etc.

From: Catherine Asaro (asaro@sff.net)
Date: Mon Dec 08 1997 - 20:41:15 PST

Cat Farrar wrote:

> By the way, I'm interested in reading books that feature strong,
> independent woman that are physically fit and confident in their approach to
> life. Haven't read science fiction since high school, so I need
> recommendations. I am emphatically not interested in reading about any
> female characters who did it all or even part of it for a male. I'm not
> exclusively intersted in lesbian heros. I just want to read about female
> heros that are heroic. This must include physical strength or skill.
> Looking forward to all the recommendations I'm sure will come in.

Cat, if you don't mind me recommending my own books, it sounds like they
fit the bill of what you're looking for, particularly *Primary
Inversion* and *The Last Hawk*. If you want to look at a few chapters
from them, they are available free on the web, through either my web
site or my publisher's web site. If you go to

http://www.sff.net/people/asaro/

and click on the free chapters link, it will take you there. You can
either look at one page or the first 3-4 chapters.

Best regards
Catherine Asaro