Re: So who is on this list?

From: Sheryl Curtis (maddog@INFOBAHNOS.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 05:52:52 PDT

> I am beginning to wonder what type of people sign up for this
>list...Do we have a lot of professors? College students? Random people?
>Writers? Computer geeks? Et cetera?

Well, I'm defintely random people. I run my own freelance
translation/technical writing business, I sometimes teach translation
part-time at the B.A. level, I have two hyperactive kids and I'm writing the
last chapter of my doctoral thesis in Humanities in my spare time. I've
been reading SF and been a feminist since I can remember. I haven't had
much time for reading in the past couple of years and I joined this list to
hear about what's out there to be read. I love the list, but I don't feel I
have much to contribute just yet. When I finish my thesis, I want to start
translating French and French-Canadian SF into English.

Sheryl Curtis
Montreal, Quebec