[*FSFFU*] Maureen F. McHugh

From: sc (schant@SCHANT.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Nov 14 1997 - 17:36:31 PST

Hi all,
Someone - can't recall who - said they thought "China Mountain Zhang"
would make a good movie. I agree. I enjoyed it a lot, the characters are
so human and believable, and it's quite gripping. Has anyone read "Half
the Day is Night" by McHugh? I'm finding it a bit disappointing. The
writing is very good but the characters seem somehow more
one-dimensional than "Zhang" and the plot is difficult to grasp. Any
comments would be appreciated.
Cheers
SC

--
"Take what you want", said God. "Take it - and pay for it."
        Old Spanish proverb,