Re: [*FSFFU*] Anyone interested in starting a book group?

From: Robyn Starkey (r.starkey@ELP.UNIMELB.EDU.AU)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 18:29:13 PST

I really like the bookgroup idea, too. I used to be in a face to face
group, and I find it interesting to see that most groups eventually work to
a similar structure.

>1) We would need an organizer - someone to post the reading schedule on
>their web page, open up discussion on the given day, etc.

Too true. I would suggest that someone volunteers to think of some issues
for discussion for each book (doesn't have to be the same person).

>4) Openess: we would have to be willing to read not only things we've
>read before, but also things that don't fall within the realm of
>"books," such as sequential art (or comic books, if you will).

Reading something new and different is the best part of book groups. There
are heaps of things I would never read off my own bat, but that I would
read for a book discussion.

Robyn

Robyn Starkey
University of Melbourne